Nunu Gabunia - Georgia Peoples' Artist (honor)
Born in Tbilisi in 14.07.1944. Graduated from Tbilisi State Conservatory by two specializations composition (1966) and opera vocalist (1970). In 1971 1972 she worked at Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow as a probationer. She started working with State Radio Children Department as an Editor of Music Programs when she was a student and after graduating from the conservatory she became a soloist. Currently she is Director General of the Tele-Radio Broadcasting Music Ensembles Division.
At the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow she sang a leading pitch in the O.Taktakishvili's opera Kidnapping of the Moon (1999). She sang in many performances in Tbilisi State Opera and Ballet Theatre. There were 3 creative spectacles in Moscow:
- at All-Russia Theaters Society (1979);
- at Composer's Union of the USSR (1983);
- at the Literature Society in Moscow (1986).
She is an author of masterpieces in different of forms of music:
- Opera - Small Travelers (for children) 1976.
- Opera - Impresario on Canary Islands (performed in at the Opera Studio of the Sverdlovsk Russia Conservatory in 1988)
- Dance Suit for Symphonic Orchestra (performed at the Music Center of Tbilisi in 1990).
- Ballet - Girl in Black. According to M. Gorky novel Italian Fables. (1990).
- Suit for Symphonic Orchestra - Girl In Black. (1991).
- Ave Maria for soprano and symphonic orchestra (1991).
- Ballet - Temple of Love (1994).
- Suit for full symphonic orchestra - Kuwait Features (1995).
- Musical for children - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Musical with children starring - Naughty Lamb (1998).
- Musical for children - Owl and Small Spider (1999).
- New version of Cinderella (1998).
- Performance of Chinese theater-writer for flute, oboe and percussions - Sand Hills.
- Miniatures for string quartet (2001)
- Musical for children Cinderella (will be performed in March 2002).
She also is an author of many popular songs including new version of Ave Maria.
ViewAve Maria - page #1. Permission from the author is obtained.
ViewAve Maria - page #2 Permission from the author is obtained.